Green Screening Software is a type of modern video editing tool in which you could show whatever you want to show in the background of the object being recorded. And for this, you need Green Screen Software.
With this technology, a green screen in hanged behind the purpose being recorded, and once the editing is completed, the software tool is used to animate the green screen area recorded.
The various things you could do with this software is that you could put landscapes, cartoons, and any video in the background. This software are mostly used in studios where video production takes place and in the animation industries.
Top 7 Green Screen Software for Video Editing
Some of the best and free software available for green screening in the market are as follows:
1. VSDC Free Video Editor
It is considered as one the best green screening tool available in the market, which offers a ton of features like drawing, selection of items, and plenty of lighting and color corrections with some of the useful filters, audio effects, and many more. It is a competent video editing software. This software is available for windows.
- It is a professional green screen editor
- You will have a steep learning curve
- This program is small
- You can make green screen video by importing material
- Create shaped masks to make PIP video
- Advanced functions may let users feel confused
It is one of the most recommended and one of the best video editing as well as green screening software available in the market. It is free software that comes pre-installed with every Mac. This software is only supported in macOS.
It makes moving images to professional movie production. Apart from the regular editing work, it also has a lot of in-build effects and features which help the user to play with the animation and sound effects.
- It is a popular green screen editor in Mac
- You can use it on the iPhone, which means your work is cross platform
- It is easy to use as a green screen software
- Make animated titles and credits from iMovie
- It demands high version of OS
It is free, open-source software that is best for beginners, and it has all the essential features which could be used by a beginner in editing videos. This software is not as powerful as other softwares, but where it excels is that it also has a basic level green screening tool. This software is supported on Windows only.
- You can add a plug in to make green screen video
- It is stable to use
- Its compatibility is excellent for users
- Support various formats to make green screen video
- This green screen editor is too simple for pros
Wax is an all-rounder software that can be used anywhere. Wax could be used for both personal and professional use. It has some special effects which help in producing dynamic videos.
Having a great green screen providing a tool that helps in producing animation with the virtual assistant that allows the user to apply effects to the video. This works only some restricted versions of Windows like 98, Vista, XP, ME, 2000.
- 2D and 3D Plugins to create green-screen effects
- Supports popular video formats.
- Graphics acceleration is powerful
- You can draw shapes and masks in a keyframmable way
- Enables you to import 3d models
- Support 3D text to highlight your video
- Its interface is outdated
5. ZS4 Video Editor
It is an advanced video editing tool that comes in-build of 150 effects, including different colors and chroma keys. You can customize a lot of things with this software from length-width to layout of the video. This software works on both Windows and Mac.
- It is an advanced video editing software
- Its interface is friendly to use
- It has more than 150 video effects
- Powerful effects and compositing controls
- It doesn’t support Quicktime formats
It is one of the most popular and renowned video editing and green screening software for over the past 25 years. This software with all Windows, Linux, and Mac.
This software is used mostly for professional usage. Lightworks allows the user to workflow with 4K video editing. If you have any idea about video editing, then it is one of the best video editing software available out there.
- It is a professional and powerful green screen editor
- An awarded editor
- It is designed for filmmakers
- Directly upload the video to YouTube, even 4K video
- Easy to use timeline editing
- It is not friendly for beginners
It is a free and open-source chroma key/green screen software. It supports FreeBSD, Linux, Mac, and Windows, and it is cross platform. You can quickly and easily make a green screen video with it. You can combine 3D animation with chroma essential effects, which makes your video more stunning.
As for the interface, you don’t need to worry as its interface is intuitive. It is a great free green screen editor for us to have a try. The main problem with this software is that it sometimes crashes while editing.
- It is a cross platform to use
- Video effects are rich
- It is simple and powerful to use
- It supports the slow-motion and time effects
- It is not friendly for beginners