Probably you have come across this error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET. This error occurs mostly when connecting to the internet via google chrome. This will deny you the access to various any type of web page and hence it is the compulsion to fix it. Generally updating the drivers is the best solution to work. But sometimes there is also the issue with the Windows 10.
In out our Windows 10 errors hub you will probably find answers to all such problems
How do I fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET on Windows 10?
1. Change DNS ( Domain Name System ) server settings –
- Long press the windows button and the X button simultaneously.
- A menu will be popped up. Left click on the option- Control Panel feature.
- Now in the popped-up window left click ( double ) on the network and internet icon.
- Now after navigating to network and sharing centre make left click on it.
- Try to locate the Change adapter settings link which is situated on the right side. Immediately change the settings.
- Immediately screen will be popped up which is showing the list of network adapters.
Now try to find the one which you are currently using and make right-click on it followed by left click on the properties feature. After this you are supposed to select the network that is in current use. Also navigate to the Internet Protocol Version 4 ( TCP / IPv4 ) in the new properties window.
Now you have to open Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4 ) by making the double left-click.
Another Properties window will be popped up where you can access the required settings for the protocol.
Now after selecting the DNS server address choose the preferred field and type the following – 18.104.22.168.
For alternative DNS server field type the following text- 22.214.171.124. Preferred DNS server DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET.
On exit you will get the box near validate settings.
Press the left click on the OK button which can be found on the lower side
Finally, Close the current window.
It is very important to note that one can also public DNS ( Domain Name System ) server. 126.96.36.199 can be chosen as Preferred DNS server and 188.8.131.52 can be chosen as Alternate DNS server.
2. Change router DNS ( Domain Name System ) server settings-
- Navigate to the router settings.
- All the DNS server in above steps are to be kept same here.
- Move to the start button after router setting configuration.
- Type CMD and hit Enter button to open command prompt.
- Type IPCONFIG / ALL and that too without the quotes in the command prompt popped up window.
- Hit enter.
- Try to find out the name of network adapter that is in current use in the text piece.
- Navigate to the physical address field in the network adapter. Just next to it there is a code that will appear like 78-DD-08-F1-DF-B0.
- Keep cmd window running in the background. Move to the start button and type the following without quotes – NCPA.CPL
- Make a right click followed by left click on the current network adapter and properties features respectively.
- After this there is configure button in the properties window. Make a left click on it.
- Go to the upper side and you will find advanced tab option. Make a left click on it.
- Finally make a left-click on the configure button.
- Now follow these steps in sequence given.
- Network address option ( left click ).
- Select Value feature ( left click ).
- Type the address you had saved for future as mentioned above.
- Make a left click on the ok button and restart the device.
3. Update your network drivers-
Take the steps one and two. Go for the installation of the latest drivers and update them. Now reboot the whole system and make sure there is proper internet connection. One of the best solutions is to update your driver with the help of dedicated tool.
Tweakbit’s Driver Updater is considered as best class solutions as approved by Microsoft and Norton team after large number of tests and analysis. Here are the steps to be followed –
- You have to install Tweak Bit Driver Updater driver updater.
- After the intsallation it will check all the old drivers installed from its cloud database which is accrue of the latest installed drivers.
- After The successful completion of the scan you will get a report on all the existing problems in your system. See the available list and choose which drivers you want to update. Update one by one by clicking on the link showing update driver. Even you can click the button showing update all.
Readers need to note one important thing that one cannot install all the updates at once so hit the update button several times till all the components are installed. Some of the features of this tool are paid. Update the network adapter driver via the Device Manager. Take the following steps –
- Type the device manager in the start menu and from there execute the device manger programme.
- From the list of network adapter drivers choose the one that is best suited for your connection.
- Make right click on the network driver followed by selection of update driver.
- Finally press on the update network adapter driver.
4. Disable your Firewall –
If all the methods mentioned above fail then one thing that you can try is disable your Windows Firewall or even third-party firewall software. Sometimes this is the major cause of the error messages.
5. Flush DNS ( Domain Name System ) –
Open the command prompt and type the following text and hit enter after every text in the given sequence.
- ipconfig / flushdns
- ipconfig / registerdns
- ipconfig / release
- ipconfig / renew
- NETSH winsock reset catalogue
- NETSH int ipv4 reset reset. log
- NETSH int ipv6 reset reset. log
Finally, you have to press exit.
The above – mentioned methods are highly powerful to solve your problems. Make sure that you are always connected to internet while working on this. The above – mentioned methods work well with all recent Windows versions like Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
There are slightly different steps for different type of operating system. The most common DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error is listed below :
- DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET every few minutes
- DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET on all browsers
- DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET but I have Internet
- DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET VPN
- DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET on Facebook
- DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET on laptop
- DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET on mobile hotspot
We hope that this article has created value for our readers.
You May Like These also