Gaming on a smartphone is very frustrating especially when there is a requirement of more complicated controls. Virtual d-pads and action buttons are not sufficient pieces, but a simple Bluetooth controller can make all the difference.
Best Android Game Controller
Here in this article, we will discuss in detail the best android game controller. We will also list out the pros and cons of each controller to give a valuable glimpse to our readers.
This controller is superb and will convert your smartphone into a Nintendo Switch, so you don’t have to worry about slow Bluetooth connectivity. Just forget about the third-party plastic clip.
You will be surprised to know that Kishi is one of the recommended controllers to use with NVIDIA’s GeForce. Also, you will never have to charge the Kishi as it plugs right into your smartphone along-with pass-through USB-C port. One major disadvantage is that you are left with no ways to plug in some headphones unless your phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Fits practically every phone.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Recommended controller for NVIDIA GeForce NOW.
- Does not require charging.
- Can’t be connected wirelessly to smartphones or PC.
- External USB-C port only for passthrough charging.
Moga Hero Power
Another controller with the Xbox design and button layout the Moga Hero has an asymmetric joystick placement, d-pad, A, B, X, Y buttons, rear bumpers, and triggers which makes it super easy for gaming.
These types of game controllers will work with PC games, but this controller is basically android oriented.
Available only for $20 on Amazon but slightly bigger version, the Pro Power is available for a little extra money.
- There is no need for AA batteries.
- Microsoft USB and extra battery pack for charging.
- You need to pay extra for higher versions.
Razer Raiju Mobile
It is costly but with a wide range of features like dual Bluetooth and wired connections, four multifunction buttons, a hair-trigger mode for both left and right triggers, and a 60-degree tilt for comfortable viewing angles.
It is highly appreciated for its pro controller for the balanced motion of hands and extended gaming sessions. Other than this 20+ hour battery life and the extra-long braided USB-A to USB-C cable that can be used for charging the controller as you game.
It also works with two Android phones at once with an agency of physical switch that lets you pair and connect to two different phones.
- Comfortable grip and easy Bluetooth pairing.
- Two phone compatibility.
- Cables for wired connection and charging.
- Flawless work for apps that supports Bluetooth controls.
- Map buttons can’t be customized.
- Volume controls access may be blocked by phone grip.
Along- with controlling comfort there is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and a Wi-Fi dongle for easy and flawless connections. The design is highly ergonomic. With comfortable shoulder buttons and the missing phone mount and rechargeable lithium-ion battery, this model is superb.
- Rechargeable battery and ergonomic design.
- Pairs reliably fast every time and easy switching between android and PC.
- Easy connection via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi with a USB adapter.
- No haptic feedback and extra phone holder cost.
Steel Series Stratus XL
It has gold standards in Bluetooth game controllers. There is extra weight to it, which means it doesn’t feel like a piece of cheap plastic. The two joysticks are on the bottom with a d-pad on the left, A, B, X, Y buttons on the right, two triggers on the back, and three buttons in the middle that can control Android actions (Home, Back, etc).
The best thing is that these are powered by AA batteries. You can’t charge it with a USB cable like a typical controller.
- Quality accessories.
- Powered by AA batteries.
- It is a little pricey.
8Bitdo SN30 Pro
What an admirable item with all modern features and wireless controllers. It will bring back that childhood nostalgia of long hours of SNES gameplay.
The updation with the Bluetooth connectivity allows the 8BitDo SN30 Pro work with Android, Windows, macOS, Raspberry Pi, and even the Nintendo Switch. Other than features and comfort the classic colors and Gameboy colors also attract the users.
Not only do you get the familiarity and comfort of the beloved SNES controller, but it’s also available in all the classic colors of the Game boy Color. Powered by a rechargeable 480mAh battery and pairing and resetting are achieved by using the Select button.
- Wireless SNES controller and android compatibility.
- Tactile D-pad and buttons.
- Choice of nostalgic color.
- There are no dedicated switches or buttons for power or pairing.
Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
This is super professional controllers with customized options, from the D-Pad to the trigger shapes on the back. USB-C is on board is a no-brainer for any new accessories, but Microsoft also includes a carrying case and charging dock.
It can be charged for 40 hours of gameplay. With the customizable controller, you can even create custom profiles based on the games that you are playing, which is just ultra-phenomenal and extremely useful.
The only problem is the price, but this wouldn’t make too much sense unless you have an Xbox or are a PC Gamer as well.
- Premium controller used by eSports competitors.
- Can create custom profiles for different games.
- Interchangeable thumbtack and paddle shapes.
- Re-charge via USB-C or included charging dock.
- 40 hours window on a fully charged battery.
- High asking price and overkill for most of the mobile games.
Mad Catz Game Smart C.T.R.L.
Compact design that will remind you of the old Xbox controller. The button layout is also the same and joysticks are oriented across from each other diagonally. The d-pad is on the bottom left and the A, B, X, Y buttons are on the top right. Also, it has four buttons on the back and media controls on the top.
The toggle switch can flip between three different modes. “Game Smart”, “mouse mode” and the “PC gaming”.
- Powered by AA batteries.
- 40+ hours of gameplay.
- The controller is available in a few colors.
Game Sir F2 Grip
Are you frustrated by Bluetooth connectivity issues or laggy inputs? Then here lies the solution to your problem. Compatible with any size of a phone to provide your palms on something to rest on. After the few trials, the placement of grip gets perfect and then there is no hand fatigue and enjoy long hours of game-play.
The joystick placement provides more controlled movements and tactile response. Also, the grip can be used as a kickstand for watching media or gaming with a Bluetooth controller.
- There are no pairing or compatibility issues.
- Compact, affordable, and comfortable.
- Conductive joystick is awkward with other games.
Google Stadia Controller
It suffered a rough launch but after updating it has been tagged as a great game controller for the service overall.
The Assistant-centric features of Google can only be accessed through a dedicated button. Also, there is a simple design and comfortable feel with the Stadia controller.
- There is quick access to Google Assistant.
- Stadia can only be played with Chromecast.
- A bit pricy for a basic controller and separate price for smartphone clip.
So, we have concluded that android controllers give more buttons and options for gameplay. So instead of having just one way to interact trough just screen tapping on the screen, you have multiple buttons and joysticks.
It is an input device used with video games or entertainment systems to provide input to a video game for controlling an object or character in the game.
It will provide you a variety of benefits like functionality, control, familiarity, responsiveness and speed, and performance. So, investing in the Android game controller is worthwhile.