Many times, we face disturbances in our computer system due to certain corrupted files that exist in our computer. One such program is the Adobe GC Invoker Utility. Since you are here, you are also victim to this error.
Naturally, a lot of people are unaware of what exactly the function of this program is and whether it is important to the device. In this article, our aim is to give you some clarity over the problem and also list a few possible solutions for you to safely get rid of it.
In a gist, GC Invoker Utility or AGCInvokerUtility.exe is the Adobe GC Invoker Utility. This, as the name may suggest, has been established by Adobe INC. Its basic function is to enhance the performance or functioning of the main program.
What Is Adobe GC Invoker Utility?
The file named agcinvokerutility.exe, which you should find on your computer is known as an executable file. Executable files are those which can be run as independent programs. This file runs in the background from the Startup Processes in the Task Manager. You will most likely find it in the C Drive in the Adobe folder located in Program Files.
It is important to mention here that the agcinvokerutility.exe file does not really cause any harm to the user’s computer system. However, under certain exceptional cases, there have been complaints which suggest that the Adobe GC Invoker Utility Startup tends to perform as though it is infected or corrupted.
Can I disable Adobe GC Invoker Utility Startup?
A very commonly followed pattern by most of the viruses and bugs in the computer is that they are always camouflaged by categorizing them into executable files to appear as it is nothing to be suspicious about. This one is a good example of the case. These corrupted files usually enter the computer system via spam emails and advertisements from browsing unsafe websites.
Although there have been found a few cases of corrupted Adobe GC Invoker Utility Startup file, it still doesn’t necessarily mean that the data is harmful. Under normal conditions, the file is ensures proper functioning of the program, specifically in the latest versions of Windows.
So, to answer the question, yes. But only in the case of when the file is actually infected. So now that you know you can disable the agcinvokerutility.exe, let us also learn how to go about the same.
Adobe GC Invoker Utility: Best Stopping Methods
If you are victim to the malicious behaviour of the agcinvokerutility.exe in your computer and cannot go about your daily work because of the hindrance caused by this error, fear not. Simply try the following methods which will help you figure out how to disable the Adobe GC invoker utility for the smooth running of your computer device.
1) Try using Safe Mode
- Go to the Start tab and hover over to the Power options.
- Press and hold the Shift key and at the same time select the Restart Button from the Power options.
- Next, head over to Troubleshoot from the screen and click on Startup Settings from the selections displayed.
- You will see a Restart button in the advanced options. Select this option.
- Finally, click on Safe Mode with Networking.
This is likely to solve the problems regarding performance that were showing up earlier. However, if this does not do it for you, give the next method a go.
2) Uninstall agcinvokerutility.exe from the Task Manager
- In the first step, click and hold the Control + Shift + Escape Keys all at the same time. This will result in opening up the tab of the Task Manager.
- Head towards the Processes tab. From the options, browse through till you spot agcinvokerutility.exe.
- Uninstall this file by right-clicking it and then choosing Disable.
3) Uninstall agcinvokerutility.exe from the Control Panel
For Windows 8 users
- Click and hold the Windows Start button + C simultaneously.
- Click on Settings from the options provided. From there, search for the Control Panel and double tap.
- Look out for the option that says Uninstall a Program.
- Now carefully search for the file named agcinvokerutility.exe and uninstall this malicious file.
For Windows 10 users
- Open the Start menu by clicking the Start button.
- Go to the Settings tab and from there, go to Apps.
- From the tab that opens, search for the Apps and Features button. Click on this option.
- Now hunt for the file named agcinvokerutility.exe and uninstall this malicious file by right clicking it and then choosing Uninstall.
Now check and see if the problem still persists.
4) Delete all related files from the registry
- To do this, first tap and hold the Windows Key + R simultaneously.
- Doing this, you will find that the Run tab opens up. In the search bar provided in the tab, type ‘Regedit’. Once you are done, hit the enter key.
- After pressing Enter, a new tab will open up with the registry. Next click and hold the Control + F keys at the same time. This is so that you can begin to find the function.
- Once a new search box shows up, type agcinvokerutility.exe, which is the corrupt file we are looking for. This process makes finding the malicious file very quick and easy.
- You will now be able to see certain files are highlighted from the registry. Select these highlighted options and delete them all till none are left.
5) Remove GC Invoker Utility using Uninstaller
If by a rare chance all of the above methods have failed you, we still have one final method which is bound to work for you. This method involves discarding the Adobe GC Invoker Utility application. How is this done? This can be done with the help of an external program. This method is likely to resolve the issue you are facing, given that all the previous methods didn’t work.
- Get the 18 MB large uninstaller program. You can easily download this over the internet. Install this program onto your system.
- Follow through the instructions for installation and continue to click on the Next option. Make sure you read carefully the instructions and complete the process of the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, click on the Finish button. Then when the wizard closes, find the program and start it by clicking on the run icon that will now appear on the desktop. Alternatively, you could use the search bar to search for the program.
- You will be able to see a display of list of programs installed. Among these, find the GC Invoker Utility in the menu and click on it. You will spot a button that says “Uninstall”. You just have to click on this button and it will start the process of removing the entire application.
Thus, the application will vanish from your computer system and this is going to solve the problem that has persisted all this while.
One of these methods is sure to solve the problem for you without causing any harm to your device and your data. However, to completely eliminate the fear of risking your computer and for the sake of keeping the data intact, we recommend that you always keep the record of it.